Monday, September 6, 2010

More weirdness

I realized that while I updated my main blog more recently, I forgot to update here... Oh well, most of you read it already. I've had three (including last night) nights of really good sleep, thank the Lord, and it's definitely affected the contractions. They've calmed back down to mainly BH-like ctx and aren't as intense or regular. Whew! It was about time for a break.

BUT. In the midst of a good night of sleep on Friday night-- whoah! Weirdness again. I was woken up at around 3:30 in the morning by some violent movement from Jamie. I don't use that word lightly, folks. It felt like he was coming out both sides of my "waist" at the same time! Scared the crap out of me! He did maybe three or four major body movements and then started hiccuping! And sure enough, those little hiccups were coming from right underneath my left arm-- he'd turned breech somehow while I was sleeping.

For some reason, probably because he's on the large-ish side of the spectrum, he seems to get very upset and agitated when he's mal-positioned and has trouble getting himself turned back around where he wants to be.

After some agitated movement on my own part, I finally boosted myself into knee chest and waited. And then, gradually, slowly, I felt that hicupping, bumping head move down, down down my left side, thumpity, bumpity, till it was knocking into my left hip bone and then settled back down to it's normal trampoline action right on my cervix. Or rather, at that point, up into my cervix. Wow. Surreal. Again. Thank God for knee-chest position :)

Of course, by this time, I was pretty pumped and it took me about an hour of pacing the floor to get settled back to sleep, but the rest of the night was quite restful :)

No comments: