Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some changes

So the labor pattern for the last two days has changed a bit. The evening ctx are milder, Jamie is much more settled in the evenings and the heartburn is back with a vengeance. Last night I couldn't get settled to sleep till 2 am!

On the flip side, the ctx seem to continue all night and increase in intensity into the early morning. I am woken frequently by ctx (and a desperate need for the bathroom!) and by morning by back/legs/abs are achey and crampy. Feels a lot like a bad menstrual period. Yesterday that feeling, along with a few sporadic ctx faded by...say, 10:00-ish. Today it's almost 12 and the ctx are still rolling right along and I feel all loose and wobbly and my hips ache. I've been mostly sitting around, as we do school work, but when I do get up and move around a bit, the ctx increase significantly.

Here's where the rubber meets the road with my determination to just let things go and let my body "do it's thing". My midwife instincts are hollering at me to go out for a walk, do some stairs, take some meds (there's a whole LIST running through my head), get this thing GOING already. But deep down I really know it's not the best and wouldn't work anyway. All I'd do is wear myself out and end up exhausted and weepy by dinner time. And the ctx would have stopped :P They always stop when I get totally worn out. I know this because I just described to you the last month of both of my previous term pregnancies.

As I psych myself up for this next loooong three weeks, I try to remind myself how labor went with my miscarriage. Since I was so NOT anxious to actually go into labor (despite it's inevitability), I wasn't doing all that stuff. We had two weeks of this off again-on again labor and then in the middle of one night, bam! we kicked into high gear and after about two hours of INTENSE "real" labor... well, you know.... it was done.

That's how I'd like things to go this time. Routine, routine, routine. Deal with the ctx, but don't pay too much attention. And then one night, bam! The "real" thing. And a few hours later... Jamie :)

2 comments:

septembermom said...

I think it's going to happen very soon :) I'm praying for you and your little one. Sending you a hug too. I like the look of your new blog!

Lauren Valentine said...

Praying for you Elisa...it will all be more than worth it once you get to see sweet Jamie's face!